Front-end UI Mobile Developer
Versaterm is looking for a front-end UI Mobile developer to join our talented and dedicated team!
WHO WE ARE
For over 40 years, we’ve been an Ottawa-based software organization with an enviable reputation for providing industry leading products in mission-critical areas. Our client community includes Police, Fire, and EMS agencies across North America. They depend on us for our exceptional 24/7 support, and we, in turn, depend on our team of top-notch professionals.
This is an exciting time for us! We’re currently experiencing significant growth, with increased sales and installations of our public safety products. Join us as we continue to be innovative, focusing on creative, seamless solutions that allow our customers to focus on their communities they serve.
A CAREER WITH VERSATERM
We support our employees in building their skill sets and defining their own career paths. You’ll have the opportunity to:
· Work closely with our client community to help them address real world problems.
· Have meaningful input into our direction and products.
· Hold yourself to the highest standards and take pride in your work.
· Engage with teammates to foster knowledge exchange, mentorship, and constructive feedback.
· Help protect and save lives by providing essential tools to public safety professionals, including 911 dispatchers, emergency responders, records staff, investigators, command staff, etc.
· Computer science degree or equivalent
· Previous relevant experience, however recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
Desired Technical Skills
Expertise with HTML(5), CSS3, advanced JS and major JS libraries
Experience with responsive web based front-end UI design.
Experience with mobile web and hybrid application development and mobile development platforms (ideally Cordova or other Cordova -based platforms).
Strong with performance optimization for mobile applications.
Knowledge of app publishing processes for major app stores.
Exposure to XML, XSL, JSON, Web Services (REST, WSDL) and other leading-edge inter-system collaboration techniques
Understanding of client/server applications and experience with WebSocket/socket/HTTP/SSL communications
Exposure to map oriented spatial presentation tools and their interface to other development tools (ESRI, Google Maps)
Familiarity with Unix or Linux, as well as Windows
Experience working with no-SQL database.
· Competitive salary
· Comprehensive benefits package (Health, Dental, Medical, Vision)
· Group RRSP plan
· Starting 3 weeks vacation
· Compensated bus passes
· Company-hosted social events and activities
· Open-plan offices with standing desks
Even if you don’t meet all the pre-requisites, we encourage you to apply. Respond with your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only resumes with appropriate covering letters will be considered.